Welcome to Wee Bee Dreaming Pediatric Sleep Consulting. I am Pam Edwards, an Infant and Child Sleep Consultant, certified with the Family Sleep Institute. My goal is to help families in Northern Alberta and beyond get the sleep they need and to educate parents on forming healthy sleep habits from day one.
why should you hire a sleep consultant
- Sleep problems are often the #1 frustration and concern of mothers. Research shows that sleep issues can often take up to 5 years to resolve themselves. That is a lot of sleepless nights.
- Poor sleep affects the mental and emotional health of both you and your child. Poor sleep has been linked to ADHD, decreased academic performance, and a slew of other health problems for mom and child.
- All of the books and advice from friends and family can be overwhelming. I can help give you the tools you need to help baby sleep and the confidence to implement that plan.
- The strategies that I give are not a one-size-fits-all approach. My plans can be as gentle as you are comfortable with, and we will never push a family to let their baby cry it out. Your customized sleep plan is tailored just for you. My training includes a wide range of methods from the most gentle to the more direct.
- There are many sleep consultants out there but not all of them are certified. During my certification process, I completed over 80 hours of training and I am currently the only FSI Certified Sleep Consultant in all of Alberta. Anybody can call themselves a 'sleep consultant' so you want to be sure that whoever you contact has been certified through an accredited program.
- I provide on-going support throughout the entire process—all the ups and downs, the victories and the set-backs. I’ll be here every step of the way.
- I have been where you are right now. You can read my story in the about me section. Our daughter gave us a run for our money in the sleep department, and teaching her to sleep was the best decision we have ever made. We had the tools the second time around, and what a difference that made!
- The sleep habits that we teach to your child will last a lifetime. This is not a short-term fix, and the benefits of healthy sleep are endless.
- We can help you plan ahead for the many milestones in a child’s life that can impact sleep, including nap transitions or moving to a ‘big kid’s bed’.
If you are ready to get that full night’s sleep you have been dreaming about, contact me for a consultation so we can make that dream a reality!